ARCH - Wastelands

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Sun Oct 1 11:34:59 PDT 2000

Yesterday, in the Shire of Wastelands, a wand shoot was held to determine
the Shire's archery champion. It was hosted by last year's champion, Lord
Raymond the Red from Vatavia.  It was a wand shoot in 3 rounds.

After the first two rounds, the top position was tied between Lady Ki of
Weatherhill, also from Vatavia, and myself.  Lord Raymond wanted to have a
shoot-off between me and Ki to determine the winner.  But I felt that some
of the folks had driven a long way to compete, and to end their
participation after shooting only 12 arrows might deny them some fun.
"Besides," I said, "Someone might hit the wand with all six arrows and win.
Chuckle chuckle."  So he decided to let everyone compete in the last round.

So... to make a long story short, Lord Elric Dracwine from Steppes hit the
wand with all six arrows, and won.  Me and my big mouth. :)  Actually it
was worth losing to see such fine shooting.

Congratulations to Lord Dracwine for a wonderful accomplishment and for
becoming the new archery champion at Wastelands.  (By the way, he also won
the Rapier List.)

Baron Rumil Fletcher