ARCH - Thoughts about events

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Sat Oct 21 01:39:49 PDT 2000

Rumil said:
> Agreed.  Not all events would work with this.  But some might.  I have
> looked at the 3 scheduled events that Wiesenfeuer does each year.  One is
> mini-war (Mead Bee War - House Wolfstar vs. Barony of Vatavia in
> Caolontir).  Obviously NOT a good place for an Academy.  Then we do

I don't know about that, Rumil.  I can see classes during a war (maybe even
for war points!  Warrior scholars, sailing into the fray with sword and
Tolstoy...)

But what appeals there is more the people who will be attending.  I went up
to Vatavia last week and had a blast shooting archery.  These folks started
before morning court and didn't stop until the feast was on the table.
Archers are well respected members of the Calontir community.  We could have
an AoB up here in the North and invite them over the border to help, learn,
and teach.

In fact, a quick shameless plug.  Namron is inviting our allies to cross the
border next month for a Border Revels, November 17th-19th.  Lord Owen from
Vatavia has a full day of archery planned for those who don't go to the
melees, rapier, or equestrian activities.  In small words: Archers Can Shoot
All Day.  Come up and get some new blisters...

And now back to your regularly scheduled list, which is already in
progress...

Ulfie