ARCH - Royal Huntsman at AoB

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Fri Apr 6 09:06:25 PDT 2001

I don't know about the first Huntsman shoot, I was in a kitchen at the time.
But it seemed to me that most of the "crowd" that watched the Huntsman shoot
at Ravensfort was us- the archers shooting it.  The Crown came down for the
semi finals and finals.

Unless the archery is the main focus of the event with nothing else going on
like at last years Elfsea Defender, there's not going to be a big crowd.
And when the shoot was over the rush of the wind from folks going to the
next attraction nearly took my eye broughs with it.  ;)

It has been suggested that the Huntsman shoot be on a rotational basis.
Perhaps we could start with Central then in alphabetic order, Coastal,
Northern, Southern and then Western.  Each region having first dibs, then if
they don't bid it's up for grabs.

The format I suggested was just a thought that would flow with the event
holding the shoot.  If you want a tourney that is like what folks expect a
tourney to be, then there is only one choice.  And that is an archer's duel.
Actually, a head up archer's duel, archers in armor shooting at each other,
with a list mistress, heralds and marshals the whole nine yards.  Cup shots
are "real" crowd pleaser. :)  You even get to do best deaths.  Only problem
is most groups don't have enough netting to protect the populace from the
stray combat arrows.  A 2 out of 3 single elim should take too long.