ARCH - Royal Huntsman at AoB - Wilim Rants

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Fri Apr 6 18:29:18 PDT 2001

<BEGIN RANT>When did the Target in Target Archery come to mean concentric circles?  I'm actually Welsh by birth and I have to believe that when my acnetors went out every sunday to shoot by order of the king they shot everything they could to break up the monotony.

I'm sorry Plachoya but Target Archery does not = IKAC.  As long as everybody's shot accuracy is judged the same way it's still a fair shoot.  If I could think of a way to have stalking involved so that people better at stalking got a better shot than those who couldn't I would do it in a minute.

Archer's aren't second class citizens but as long as we're stuck in the IKAC rut we just have the most boring tournaments for others to watch.  I'm the one who brought up Animal cut outs in the discussions on the format of the last IKAC.  I'm thinking a Dice shoot would be nice for this one coming up.  either that or dividing the target into a dart board and playing some of the simpler dart games.

You show me a deer or a fighter that will stand in one place for me to have six shots at a kill and then you'll be on your way to showing me that IKACs are a good period judge of ability.  I'm not sure about y'all but in my memories of Robin Hood it was head to head one arrow each best shot advances.

Use the IKAC to judge us against other kingdoms,  use the RR to judge ourselves against each other but don't tell me the IKAC is a good judge of anything but an archer's ability to shoot an IKAC.

<END RANT>

Wilim