ARCH - Why is the IKAC Important!!

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sun Apr 8 12:01:25 PDT 2001

Greetings and Hi There,

While the IKAC is not the be all, end all of archery, it is the only
competition in the Known world that gets the names of our archers in front
of the Known World.  It is the only measure (except for the Winter shoot)
that allows Ansteorran archers to compete with archers from all the Kingdoms
in the Society.  The competetions are easy to do and control; however, not
very exciting to watch unles you're in to it.

Now here is also the problem the IKAC has caused.  For whatever reason most
of the archers in this Kingdom don't shoot the IKAC.  That's cool.  However,
because of that only the same few have their name in print.  These scores
get published in the various Kingdom newsletter.  Because the same names for
Ansteorra are there year after year after year, it makes it look like our
archery communitee is very small.  Since most folks don't make it to the
archery range they don't know the names of many of the archers except the
ones they see in the BlackStar.  Don't sckaff, in some of the discussions I
had with folks they have mentioned this very thing.

Look at last year.  I know that archery happens in many groups in this
Kingdom.  However, Middleford took half of the 12 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Don Sabastian himself took an amazing 4 places, good shootin' there Tex.
And two other took one each.  That's only 6 folks.  4 of which are there
most of the time.

Year before was grim.  No IKCAC scores and only a hand full of IKAC.  That
was the Kingdom's all time worst performance.

We have several differant trains of thought out there.  Each is perfectly
fine if that's what you want to do.  Where have I heard that phrase before?

So untill more archers pull themselves up to scoring higher, we're going to
appear to be a small group of folks.

gilli