ARCH - History repeat itself

Harry C. Billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed Apr 11 17:19:01 PDT 2001

The SEM does NOT agree. He said we WILL change our arrows period. Properly
attached bulbous knock are not likely to fall off, the blunt may fall off
the arrows lets just ban CA. Bulbous knocks do NOT reduce bounce back they
reduce the probaility of a bounck back entering a bar grill cleanly, and
reduce the likely hood of searous injurey.
For thouse that have forgetten the SEM gets to wright the Combat rules.

>I agree with HL Gilbert Ost Westley,
>the best way is to have lexan clear shield put on the helmets, if the
>fighter wants more eye protection.
>This is a dangerous sport we are in.  Broken legs, arms , I do agree eye
>protection may be needed. I wear combat glasses under my helm. I would not
>like to lose an eye or see anyone for that matter.  Bulbous nocks are NOT
>the answer to this question, bulbous nocks may fall off during flight or any
>number of reasons. I have seen only ONE injury due to nock penetration in
>the 16 years that I have been fighting in the SCA. That one was caused by
>the Archer falling on his own quiver with the nocks pointed out. Everyone
>should know any number of things can happen in the fighting we do. I have
>tested bulbous nocks and I have found that using them is no help at all in
>keeping bounce back down.
>Lord Talon of Blackoak
>Archer

Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra