[Ansteorra-archery] Sheer determination

Sylvrfalcn@aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 14:58:27 PDT 2001

Greetings My Lords and Ladies,
  I have quite a tale to impart, a tale that took place at this last Sunday's
archery practice in the Shire of Middleford.  It seems HL Roger Bagley turned
up determined to shoot an excellent IKCAC score to help the kingdom's
average.  He wound up with a very respectable, and very hard won, IKCAC score
of 248.
  Hard won?  How so?  Well, I'm glad you asked, here's what happened.  During
his practice shots, the cordage binding that held Roger's crossbow prod in
place decided it was time to part company with the stock.  Most
spectacularly, if I might say so myself (huge grin).  Now, most folks would
be a bit put off by having suffered such a calamity.  Not Roger, he had come
to shoot a score and by golly he was going to do just that.  Roger shot his
248 score with his crossbow prod lashed in place with, no kidding folks,
MONOFILAMENT FISHING LINE!  The "cherry on top" of this whole odd affair is
that on the very last bolt, of the very last round, the makeshift
monofilament binding let go with a glorious "Thwunk" and turned itself into a
synthetic hair ball.  In response, Roger calmly remarked, "yup, reckon I'm
done".
   All I can say is Ve Vot Roger, your perserverance in the face of adversity
was most inspiring.  It puts me in mind of a slogan I heard once; "Winners
never quit, quitters never win".

          Cheers All,
     Robert of Yorkshire