[Ansteorra-archery] End of Reign Report

john moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Thu Dec 6 15:32:20 PST 2001

As the year closes the kingdom of Ansteorra will complete its first full year of recording scores and awarding ranks.  Although this year seems to have had fewer submissions the overall caliber has definitely been better.  Out of 88 Ansteorrans submitting 26 have obtained a rank.  This includes 2 Huntsman, 7 Foresters, 10 Yeoman, 6 Bowman and 1 Archer.    We have also seen a large increase in Youth and Children shooting at local practices and at events.  As it stands there is currently a discussion between Lord Eadric and the Keeper of the IKAC to implement a standard for the SCA, which will be followed by the Ansteorran Royal Rounds.

The other major change made to Royal Rounds is that scores will be kept year round and all scores less than a year old will determine an archer's rank.  This should prove of much interest to see how the archers of the kingdom respond.  As the New Year approaches and archers see their averages change I hope the traditional slow start to the season will not apply.

I plan to attend as many events this coming year as possible and continue to help marshal as I have done this past Year and Reign.  Final years end results will publish at the end of January 2002 to give all the marshals of the kingdom time to report.

                                                                         Lord Iaen Mor

                                                                         Gates Edge

                                                                         Keeper of the Ansteorran Royal Round