[Ansteorra-archery] Tournament format for Royal Huntsman

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Fri Dec 14 20:58:05 PST 2001

Good point Gilli,

Standing for some courts can be a real test of personal endurance.  Case
in point - during court at Ravensfort, after standing for two hours my
right leg went completely to sleep.  When the court rose to leave I had
to step out of line and wait for the feeling to return to my leg to keep
from falling down.  The problem was I was the only Steppes Baronial
Guardsman present attending our Baron & Baroness at the event.  We have
since worked out a rotation among the Steppes entourage to give each
attending a much needed break.

I'm sure some order of precedence should be observed for reliving our
Royal Huntsman during court.  Not exactly my field but I would suggest
first former Royal Huntsman, next King's Archers, followed by the current
Archery Marshal of the Barony/Shire/Canton hosting the event, and lastly
Archers of that Barony/Shire/Canton to take pity on our Royal Huntsman
and offer to give them a break.  This can be done quietly as not to
disturb the court (if you are unsure how to do this watch the other
Champions & Knights first).  It's not hard to spot when the time is
appropriate, just watch for fidgeting and that glazed look in their eyes.
 I am sure our Huntsman will be very grateful for the assistance.

My reason for making such a broad list is it's unknown how many archers
would be in attendance of the event or just how long a court might run.
After all the point is to prevent our Huntsman from the discomfort of
bloating or going numb during court.

In service

Ironwyrm