[Ansteorra-archery] Tournament format for Royal Huntsman

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Dec 16 23:42:01 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rumil Fletcher" <rumil at prodigy.net>

> >I deeply feel that it is part of the Royal Huntsman's job to arrange for
the
> >Archery Community to be represented behind the thrones.  For the events
that
> >he can not travel to be with the Crown he should arrange in advance for
> >someone else to take care of it.  Those arrangements can be made through
the
> >Kingdom Archery Marshal, the Regional Archery Marshals, the Local Archery
> >Marshals, or other archers he knows who will be present.  Keep in mind
that
> >not all branches have archery marshals or even archers present.
>
> Usually the Crown has an entourage of Their own choosing.  That
> differs from reign to reign.  But you should always remember that
> They are the Crown and They get to decide who stands behind them.  So
> whatever arrangements are being made for different people, always
> check with the Crown first.

I guess I sorta envisioned something like this...

Knowing that he would not be able to make it to Wiesenfeuer Baronial with
TRMs, the Royal Huntsman would in advance contact HE Barn (the local
nobility and also the regional archery marshal)  for suggestions.  Barn
might then suggest that HE Rumil be tagged to help with arrangements and
coordinate with Their Majesties on-site to assure that the archery community
was represented.

The RH would contact Rumil and if he agreed the RH would then contact TRMs
with a message like

"I regret that I will be unable to accompany you to Wiesenfeuer Baronial to
stand as your Archery Champion and represent the Archery Community in your
courts.  However, if it meets with your approval, HE Rumil Fletcher, a Kings
Archer of Ansteorra, as agreed to stand in my place."  Obviously then Rumil
would have to work out the on-site details with TRMs.

I am ashamed that it was only after court had already started at the recent
Stargate Yule that I took notice that the Archery Community was not
represented in court.  Lord Fearghus serves as both the Royal Huntsman and
as Stargate's Archery Champion and as he was still recovering from his very
recent surgery it is not expected that he should be there.  However, I knew
he would not be there and as his friend, regional deputy, and as a King's
Archer of Ansteorra I should have offered to help arrange for stand-ins.

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com