[Ansteorra-archery] Tournament format for Royal Huntsman

Rumil Fletcher rumil at prodigy.net
Sun Dec 16 23:17:30 PST 2001

>This is a great point but first we have to get the archery champions us
>there behind the thrones with the other champions.  Seldom I have seen the
>Royals of the local landed nobility have their Archery Champions up there.

That is the rule in Wiesenfeuer Baronial courts.  Because of space
limitations, they often rotate out and have just one or two of the
guardsmen at a time.  But more often than not, it is someone from the
Archery Guard.  I am thankful our Baron and Baroness support the
archery community.

So why do not the other baronies have archers standing up there in
court with the others?  Have any of you actually asked your Baron and
Baroness if you or your champions could do that?  I am sure that if
your archery champions or guard offered, your Barons and Baroness'
would be willing to have you up there too.

>As far as who fills in when the Royal Huntsman cant be there or needs a
>break?  Well I think that is up to the Royal Huntsman and Their Majesties.

Absolutely.  While archers should let the Nobles and Crown know that
they are available, it is their courts and their decision.

>I deeply feel that it is part of the Royal Huntsman's job to arrange for the
>Archery Community to be represented behind the thrones.  For the events that
>he can not travel to be with the Crown he should arrange in advance for
>someone else to take care of it.  Those arrangements can be made through the
>Kingdom Archery Marshal, the Regional Archery Marshals, the Local Archery
>Marshals, or other archers he knows who will be present.  Keep in mind that
>not all branches have archery marshals or even archers present.

Usually the Crown has an entourage of Their own choosing.  That
differs from reign to reign.  But you should always remember that
They are the Crown and They get to decide who stands behind them.  So
whatever arrangements are being made for different people, always
check with the Crown first.

Rumil Fletcher