[Ansteorra-archery] Kingdom legal arrow rests

Karrick karrick at pandora.org
Mon Dec 24 18:50:25 PST 2001

Lughaidh,

Believe me I do consider you an archer and I would be proud to shoot with
you any time or at any event.

As to some other things on the list, I am still planning on going to war as
of this time, however, whether or not I participate as a combat archer is
still in question.  As anyone who has even approached the subject in my
presence knows, I am very against the idea of APD,s and I have some very
strong feelings as to how the ruling came about.  Because of this I have
decided that I am going to pursue a change in this ruling.  To this end, I
am asking all archers to email me their opinion of the APD,s (opinions
should include reasons), information about any injuries that the APD,s have
caused, any instances of damage to bows caused by the APD,s and any changes
in shooting style that have come about due to the APD's.  I will not use
anyone's name without his or her expressed permission but I need to know
exactly what everyone is experiencing with the advent of the APD.  The
recent thread on the SAM is of great interest to me, and it this type of
thing that I am looking for.  I do not believe that any of us should allow
this to forced on us, especially when a ruling of this nature affecting the
Knights or the Dons would never be tolerated.  I am asking all of you for
your help in standing up and being heard and, frankly, saying that this is
more than enough and not expectable.

Gilli asked what we are planning to do this year.  Besides the
above-mentioned undertaking, I also plan to increase my stamina by
practicing longer and more often.  Hopefully, a by-product of this endeavor
will be higher scores and more scores reported.  I also plan to make bows.
It is my desire to be able to give bows as prizes and presents and I can't
afford to buy them, so by Christmas of next year I would like to able to
present, as Christmas presents, bows of my own making that I am proud to say
that I made.  Okay, I hope that I am not setting my goals too high but then
I always felt it was better to shoot high anyway.  That way you simply miss
the apple instead of killing the guy whose head it is on.

With all of that said, Merry Christmas!  May all of you have a safe and
secure holidays.

Karrick
Elfsea Archery Marshal