[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-MissileCombat] changes on the so ciety level

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Fri Dec 28 12:49:53 PST 2001

No, I hadn't planned on using any of the money.  Didn't want the kind of
talk that would have generated.  I did the auction so those folks who needed
some help getting things refited could get some help.  But it doesn't seem
like anyone wants to use it.  I guess it will end up getting turned in for
its secondary use.

Believe it.  This is not a Gilli comes to the rescue.  I'm planning on
having some surgery later on next year and I'll need my vacation time to
cover it.  We're also planning on, after the surgeies, trying to get us some
land and what not.  So the next GW is also doubtful, but we'll see what
happens.

Hey, take the parts with you and finish them there at the war.  You might be
able to set up a table there in the inspection tent and get folks to help
finish them off.

From: ironwyrm at juno.com [mailto:ironwyrm at juno.com]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 1:57 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Fw: [SCA-MissileCombat] changes on the
society level

Thanks but being a local group I belive we would be uncomfortable using
funds collected for the Kingdom's archers to refit our arrows.  I did
expect you would use those funds in your efforts refitting the combat
arrows you make.

We suffered so much damage to our wood arrows in the ravine battle last
year we could not have stayed in the fight for the field & fort battles
if it had not been for the combat arrows you made.  I am still in
disbelief that you shall not joining at this years Gulf War.

We are holding finishing the APD's until we have heard if they were going
to approve the GT APD's for Gulf, but during our last workday before the
holidays with time growing short and five gross combat arrows to refit or
make I had them strip the GT APD's from the shafts to refit with
siloflex.

I would prefer to fit the wooden shafts with GT APD's and fiberglass
shafts with siloflex if possible, but we are still waiting!

Also I need to scan the drawings and send the "Nockless APD Combat Arrow"
submission to the SCAM which I belive will pass on 80 psi siloflex but
I'm not as confident with the GT APD's (as they do not seem to hold up to
the abuse of combat as well).

For now we shall continue to make & attach blunts, trim & tape shafts,
mark them for identification, and hold off on the APD's until last.

Ironwyrm