[Ansteorra-archery] Use of raised funds.

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Fri Dec 28 13:46:39 PST 2001

Thanks for the thought; however, that wasn't the purpose of the money on
several counts.

1). A number of our archers were complaining that they couldn't afford to
refit so they were going to stop doing combat archery.  This was not only
combat arrows but to help with possible bow and crossbow modification that
were feared at the time.  This was only for bring existing arrows and bows
up to standards, not for making new stock.  So that would be APD material,
strapping tape, riser materials etc.

2). Whatever money was left after the refit was done had a secondary /
tertiary purpose.  It was going to help with the production and distribution
of a new fighters handbook; or to the BlackStar if a handbook had been
distributed before the refit was done.

3). One reason I won't use any of the money is that sometimes I dip into the
arrow box and give several dozens as prizes.  They're mine I can do that.
But not if they've been modified with auction money.

So if no one uses any of it for refit purposes, it should go to its next
stated purpose.

Now when I came up with auction thing it was looking like the cost to refit
even a relatively small number of combat arrows was going to be expensive.
However as time went on and design work went at a feavorish pace, that
changed.  With the GT APD it's about a nickel each.