ARCH - What If

EleanorCleavely at aol.com EleanorCleavely at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 15:40:26 PST 2001

M'Lord Gilli stated:

"Ah, but would you echo the sentiment standing there under the shade canopy,
watching Gilli whip a tear from his eye, when the Crown then points Their
Royal hand at you and says, "And you Good Archer what does Your heart say"?

Is that what YOU feel is the most important thing the Crown could do for us,
if of course They were of a mind to?

Or is there something else?"

I would say this:

"Your gracious majesties...having recently become an archer and a yeoman for
his Excellency Galen, I must admit that I know very little of the archer's
world. However, what I have witnessed is a sort of, I would say, indifference
of a sort towards us archers. Perhaps it is that we are not as established
as, say, Arthurian or Rapier. What I would wish is that Archers and Archery
be held in the same esteem as rapier and Arthurian combat. I am honored to
call myself an archer and am proud to serve as one under your majesties'
great reign."

Or something to that effect.

Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Elfsea Baronial Guard - Archery