ARCH - What If

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Fri Mar 23 08:09:12 PST 2001

Your Majesties,
   It has come to my attention that within this great expanse of country you
call Ansteorra a great disservice has been perpetrated.  I bring this to you
attention because I know it continues only because the efforts of these good
gentles normally take place away from the focus of most events that you
attend.

  At any given event, if you gaze past the list fields, past the verdant
fields, you will see a hearty group who's interest lies with the fruit of
the yew.  These are your target archers, combat archers, and siege
engineers.  The work and practice over the weeks, months, and years for the
glory and defense of your fair Kingdom.  Yet, they are seldom
noticed--except in time of war.  Their level of dedication mirrors that of
your Chivalric and Rapier fighters yet they bear no penant or braid to
denote excellence amongst them.  Still however, they work on.  Sharpening
their skill--without encouragement--to protect your Crown and populous is
times of war.

  It is my feeling that perhaps you could solve this problem in the near
future by chartering an award on par with the Centurion (for Chivalric
fighting) and the White Scarf (for Rapier).  In this manner you reinforce
the defense of your Kingdom and recognize worthy gentles who have labored to
your need for so long.

So say I,
Khan Sar-a Modun, OL OP
  known in these western lands as Maestro Petruccio

Oh....and may I say that Her Majesty looks stunning today in that dress
<<grin>>