ARCH - What If

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri Mar 23 11:38:37 PST 2001

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org (baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org) said something that sounded like:
> I don't agree that Archery is a fringe activity.  I
> presided over a 30-entrant archery tourney last fall,
> and I look forward to a larger one this fall.  I have
> been to events for years at which the number of archers
> exceeded the number of fighters.

I guess that is just a matter of perspective. I see the number of events
that have fighting (rapier and/or chivalric) as being much higher per
year than the number that have archery. At almost any event that has
archery, I participate and that is a very small fraction of the events
that I attend. Where I think there may only be one event (12th Night) a
year I go to that doesn't have a tourney.

I guess I see archery as something coming up and is still fringe at this
time, not something that is established.

Ciao,