ARCH - What If

Tyr Tjuguskegg tjuguskegg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:46:56 PST 2001

>Ok, despite being in the west kingdom, I am confused. Several people
>have brought this up, so I am not picking on Pet for this.
>
>Why does Archery deserve a GoA level award? Why doesn't Equestrian? Why
>do we feel like we are being shunned when there are plenty of other
>areas that are fringe like us as well? Until we are more visible, we
>can't expect to be more visible even with a GoA level award. It is us
>that makes the difference not a piece of regelia or a title.

Ok just an opinion here,

Yes there are many areas that don't get GOA awards, but here is my opinion,
Equestrian and other areas probably have the same desire, but since this is
the archery list you only hear about archers wanting a recognition for their
efforts as participants in Wars and as an art of war, I believe live weapons
should also be recognized more, "knife/axe/spear" even though they are not
participants of war really. Arts and Sciences get awards for their efforts
to perfect their arts even though they are not participants of war, and
chivalric and rapier get their awards, I believe everyone has their own
"art" and anyone who participates in bettering the SCA as a whole or as a
historical recreation. Each field of expertise has to speak for themselves
though, and as an archer/chivalric fighter, and as a blacksmith I beleive
all areas are doing just that, bettering the well rounded SCA as a group. So
since this is an archery list I believe we should organize ourselves to
promote more attention to the efforts of the masses of archers to become
more recognized, in that organization we will eventually prevail and make
archery a more interesting and motivating area of interest. Just a
thought/opinion of my own, no one has to agree.

Tyrfingr "Tyr" Tjuguskegg
of Clan Grepyr
The Barbarian Horde of Gate's Edge