ARCH - What If

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Mar 23 14:35:08 PST 2001

The current US Army motto is "An Army of One". Lord Talon is that army of
one.  I can think of no deadly a force on the battlefield than Talon.  Even
here in Ansteorra he can only fight on the side of the King; otherwise the
King only lives 10 seconds or less per senerio.  Lord Talon

As to the numbers, I don't have the paper work. I do however have on disk
the Centurion on.  Perhaps it's my writing style.  Let's take a look.

K i n g d o m   o f   A n s t e o r r a
Award Recommendation
FORTH REQUEST FOR AWARD
Award:      CENTURION    Date: 11 Jan. 1998
SCA  Name:    Talon of Black Oak   Branch:      Shire of Middleford
Name Registered:___X___Yes_____No           Device
Registered:__X____Yes___No
Mundane Name:  Mike Harkness
Street Address:   2904 Lawndale
City, State, Zip Code:   Killeen, TX. 76542
Recommended by:     HL Gilbert Ost Westley "Gilli"                 Branch:
Shire of Middleford
Comments:
 The first three requests were made by the Shire as a group.

 Ld. Talon's ability with a bow is well known in several Kingdoms.  The
Trimarians have a bounty on him.  Within our Kingdom he may only shoot for
the side the King is on.

 On the field he is pure long range death with the ability to do 30 yard
slot shots.

 During the last Gulf War, Lord Talon distinguished himself in many ways.
While the Kingdom Archery Marshal was busy on the archery range, Lord Talon
took charge of bow and arrow inspection, ensuring the safety of all
Ansteorran equipment. Not only was he personally death and destruction; but
he also organized the archers into an effective fighting force.  During the
event, he displayed such leadership qualities as to be repeated referred to
as "Centurion Talon".

 After running out of arrows, at a recent Boarder March battle, Lord Talon
held the other side at bay for at least five minutes by just looking like he
was going to shoot in their direction.  When he'd pull his bow back to
shoot, people on the other side ducked for cover.  I must say that I know of
very few Heavy fighters who can make people duck by just looking like they
might swing at them.

 When ever Lord Talon goes out on the field with a load of combat arrows the
other side groans.  I believe that You were one of those just recently.  But
now that You are King that is not a problem since Lord Talon has been
ordered that he will always be on the King's side. I must say that I know of
very few Heavy fighters who can make the other side groan when they show up.

 It is my hope that You and the Centurion Circle will look favorably on this
recommendation and make Lord Talon a Centurion of Ansteorra.

 Lord Talon currently holds the following awards: Sable Crane, Sable Comet
(Middleford), AoA, Sable Falcon, POC.

Was that over sharing?