[Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Brown Chass dwarvenhome at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 07:26:33 PDT 2001

Here here he decided to ignore the most logical and
simpleist solution. Instead he decided to make us
change our arrows and bows to try and placate the
masses until another tree branch claims an eye and
then forces them to do what they should have in the
first place (or are they going to put APD on every
tree branch and make us archers pay for it lol) which
is some sort of shield in the helms... either lexan
face shield or Screen of some sort. Was it my
imagination or was there more injuries from HW and
some of them serious but he didnt attack them or did
he??

In service Charinthalis Del Sans
--- "Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp)"
<Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil> wrote:
> WELL Now,
>
> I'm the list administrator.  I also make 1500+
> arrows to take to Gulf war.
> Every one please feel free to agree or disagree with
> me on this as you see
> fit.
>
> The following is my, for general audiences, own
> personnel opion.  Regardless
> of what he may say, I feel that this was done by the
> SEM, not to promote
> safety but as an attempt to destroy or severely
> cripple combat archery as we
> know it.  The SEM's actions at the war, telling his
> assembled kingdom earl
> and archery marshals that they would have till about
> October to come up with
> a plan, then announcing the implementation just a
> few weeks later, to me
> shows a total disregard for his people.  By ignoring
> the other documented
> sources of eye injuries, the SEM has missed the
> opportunity to promote eye
> safety and has seized the initiative to severely
> affect combat archery in
> non golf tube using Kingdoms.
>
> I'm sure you folks have gone through the various
> arguments we have.  To me,
> it was a BAD decision that just plain sucks.
>
> Gilli

=====
Get a taste for religion... Lick a witch.
ICQ # 2776047