[Ansteorra-archery] Archery at Mid Summer Faire

john moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Sun May 20 19:26:10 PDT 2001

Greetings to the populace and archers of Ansteorra.

This is a friendly reminder that the Canton of Gates Edge will be holding its Midsummer Faire at Camp Camwood this June 1 thru June 3.   This years shoot will be a Royal Round to determine our Huntsman.  The prize will be a period style bow 40-45# @28" done in cherrywood with a hickory backing.  There will also be a fun shoot after the tourney.  You will have to show up to see what I have come up with.  The prize will a dozen cedar shafts for the most accurate shooter.  Lastly we will be having a Children's shoot.  We will be giving them a course on range safety, range etiquette, and just letting them have fun on the range.  Parents or Guardians must be present on the range for their child to participate.

The range will open Friday the 1st at 3:00 p.m. for open Royal Round Scores, it will close about dark.  The Tourney will begin at 9:00a.m. Saturday and close at 3:00p.m.  The fun shoot will be open for practice during the day and will be shot between 3:00 and 4:00p.m.  The Children's shoot will start at 4:00 and end sometime before Feast and Court.  The range will be open on Sunday from 9:00a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for more Royal Round scores.  There will be a Archers Flight sponsored by the Archers of Gates Edge on Saturday at lunch time.

For directions and information please go to the Gated Edge website at the Ansteorran web page.  Follow the links to site info and a map on how to get there.  This is a dry site so please no alcoholic beverages.  The site has a limited amount of electrical outlets and its own well.  Sorry no showers.  There is plenty of room for camping and the site has two small lakes on it for your enjoyment.  Note: The deer on site are protected by Baron Talmon's order and are not legal targets.

Any questions can be directed to me iaenmor at swbell.net or Baron Talmon  t-tann at hotmail.com .  Please come and see who will be our First Huntsman/woman and have a good time.

                                                                                                                           Iaen Mor
                                                                                                                           Range Master
                                                                                                                           Gates Edge