[Ansteorra-archery] Tassels

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Nov 28 13:35:56 PST 2001

Yeap, I wonder how many folks thought like me. "One away score and you were
golden."  But when I saw so few, me not included, under the other various
categories, I got to wondering about it.  And that's OK, my bad.

One more question.  Is the away score counting in the average even if it's
not one of the top 3 scores for the shooter?  For example, say, I shoot in
the open handbow RRs of 65, 83, 74, and an away RR of 30.  Is my average
figured by 65+83+74=222/3=74=Forrester; or, 83+74+30=187=62.3=Yeoman?

From: Eadric Anstapa [mailto:eadric at scabrewer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 1:00 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: RE: [Ansteorra-archery] Tassels

<Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil> said:

> On the scoring for a tassel you must have at least scores one of which is
> score shot at an event sponsored by another group?  Right?

You are correct.

> So that is true per division? Meaning an away score for open handbow,
> period, open cross bow and period cross bow must be shot to be able to get
> an average in each division?

It is true per division.  I guess I can make the web page a little bit
clearer on that.  It says "For an official average in a division an archer
must have at least one recorded score from an event sposored by a branch
other than their local group."   But it would be more clear with a "per
division" wording.  Thanks.

Regards,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com