[Ansteorra-archery] New Stargate Archery Champion to be chose n this weekend

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Tue Sep 4 20:47:01 PDT 2001

Folks, if you were going to Stargate, please continue to do so.  It sounds
like Eadric has a wonderful day of archery planed.  All that will be
happening at Middleford is boring old shooting for score.  I'll also be
finishing up my APD testing.  So go have fun at Stargate.  :)

From: Eadric Anstapa [mailto:eadric at scabrewer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 10:22 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Cc: ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra-archery] New Stargate Archery Champion to be chosen
this weekend

Greetings once again to the Archers of Ansteorra.

This is a reminder that this coming weekend, on Saturday, Sept. 8 a new
Archery Champion shall be chosen for the Barony of the Stargate. The
tournament promises to be challenging for the archers and exciting for
spectators.

The tournament will be a head-to-head standard double elimination list.
Each round will have a different format.

Round 1     Target
    Archers will shoot an end of 6 arrows at a 60cm "period"
    3-color target face.

Round 2     Combat
     Archers will shoot an end of 6 arrows at an IKCAC style man shaped
target.  Ansteorran legal combat arrows must be used (this means with APDs).
Archers do not have to use a combat legal bow and the only armor required
will be protection for the bow hand.  Some combat arrows will be available
for loan.

Round 3     Hunt
     Archers will shoot an end of 6 arrows at animal targets

Round 4     Speed
     Archers will have 30 seconds to shoot as many arrows as possible at a
standard 60cm 5-color  FITA target.

Rounds 5+   The current Stargate Archery Champion or Their Excellencies
Stargate will choose formats that  they believe are the best possible tests
for the remaining archers.

The range will open immediately following morning court for practice and
shooting of Royal Round and IKAC scores.

An Archers Flight (pot-luck lunch) will be held at noon.  Bring something to
share.

The Championship Tournament shall start at 1:30PM and I hope to see you all
there competing for the honor of being the next Archery Champion of the
Barony of the Stargate.

Tentative plans are underway for a candle shoot later in the evening after
feast and court.

Always In Service,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com