[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Darcy HLDarcy at HOT.rr.com
Wed Dec 4 07:53:00 PST 2002

> > As for Gilli's desire to get more people shooting the IKAC and IKCAC,
over
> > the years he has tried damn near everything to get people out there.
He's
> > offered free shooting, prizes, intrakingdom competitions.
>
> Has he ever tried it without trying to humiliate people or to promote
> how wonderful he is for doing this? I've not seen that tried yet.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase

Yes he has. That's what the prizes, free shoots and itrakingdom competitions
were all about.  Unless you define competitions to be "humiliating" for the
people competing in them.  In which case we had better dump all the
tournaments, and other competitions in the SCA because obviously the people
putting them on are doing so to "humiliate" the people entering them.  You
admit you're not willing to practice, but you blame Gilli.  I don't buy
that.

Darcy