[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Carolle M Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Wed Dec 4 08:24:58 PST 2002

Guys, I'm sitting on the fringes here with illness and injury keeping me
from shooting as often as i'd like.  I guess that makes me guilty of not
participating, not practicing, and not advancing the Kingdom's standing.
And i do not think i'm a good archer, either -- but i love watching those
who are better than i, and i love learning from them.

So what's the point of this message?  To remind each of us that we are a
community.  A community is made up of different kinds of people, some dogs,
a few cats, and a rabbit or two. And so are we - there are people on this
list who've never lifted a bow, and people whom i'm terrified of because of
the depth of their wisdom.  I'm a little concerned by the squabbling going
on, because i see it coming from the same point, and going to the same end.
That's a love of our sport and our art, and a serious state of not
understanding those that don't share that with us. Since we all are in the
former state (right?), it's kind of like a puppy chasing its tail. So, enjoy
your debate, but remember that the guy you're ready to clobber right now is
covering your back in the next war - and try not to kill him (yet!).

We're good.  We're seriously good.  That doesn't mean we're perfect, and
it's certainly a good thing to strategize together to improve us as
individuals and as a community.

So, who's making arrows?