[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Wed Dec 4 12:16:03 PST 2002

> As for Gilli's desire to get more people shooting the IKAC
> and IKCAC, over the years he has tried damn near everything
> to get people out there.  He's offered free shooting, prizes,
> intrakingdom competitions.  If people aren't shooting the
> Interkingdom competitions it's not because of Gilli, it's
> because they're not willing to get off their butts and get
> out there and shoot because it's harder than a royal round or
> a grins and giggles shoot.

Or because that is not fun for them and there are plenty of
things that are fun for them. Fun things often involve a
lot of work and "paying of dues", but they are fun for the
person doing them. Apparently, IKAC and IKCAC are not fun
for the majority of archers (Archers?) in our kingdom.

It is certainly Gilli's right to try to get people to
consider doing IKAC/IKCAC shoots, but he over steps when
he says those who do not do what he considers fun or
valuable are not archers.

Caelin