[Ansteorra-archery] What is this all about . . .

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Fri Dec 6 11:30:44 PST 2002

Well, here is the verbage of the AM.  "There shall exist in Ansteorra an
Order unto which the Crown shall select persons who have distinguished
themselves by their excellence with the bow and crossbow, by their service
to those who pursue excellence in archery, in the making of archery
equipment, by their exemplary conduct, and who have shown a consistent
respect for the laws and customs of Ansteorra."

Please notice the word "excellence".

Who said anything about having to have a BRASS HAT?  Sad fact of life here
folks, and I know to some it won't matter; however, just as with Rapier, and
Chivalric if you aren't really good at it, you know like a Don or a
Centurian, you won't get an AM.

The Crown knows about the IKAC/IKCAC, and They ask about folks scores, they
can even look them up on line.  Why?  It's a measureable yard stick of
performance.  It's also why it took so long to get an award because there
were so few names on it.  Now the Keeper shows all the archers that will
improve.

While I can't vouch for the number of times some of the scores were shot to
get their current Kingdom high, I can for some.
IKCAC 1st place--HL Roger--302--only once.
IKCAC 2nd place--Don Sebastian--270--only once.
IKCAC 3rd place--HL Gilli--152--only once.
Open XBow 2nd place--HL Roger--224--only once.
Period Bow 1st place--Don Sebastian--200--twice.
Period Bow 2nd place--Ld. Robert--184--only once.

You don't get this good over night or in one afternoon.  Something else to
concider: in ten years you will be ten years older, but will your shooting
be ten years better?

WE wanted an archery award.  WE wanted to be concidered like the Dons and
Centurians.  Now WE have to live up to that level.

Or NOT!!  That's up to the indiviual.

Now, if I was the powerful leader as mentioned, this WHOLE thread wouldn't
be taking place because we'd already be doing it.

But, I like what the man said, "Shut up and train!".  But hey!! This a
volunteer organization.