[Ansteorra-archery] What is this all about . . .

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 13:43:25 PST 2002

I can agree, shooting a 230 high for 2002 in open Xbow
isn't something that can be done overnight. For me it
took 9 months, but theres alot of other training that
helped that along.

But, i don't think it should be about the award(s) and
the way i am reading is: it is about the award(s).
Everyone has a comfortable zone, everyone has desires
of where they want to go with being an archer, some
like to push the envelope, others are just happy
getting an arrow or bolt down range. I think the focus
should be as a tight nit community of archers, ones
that respect what the other wants to do, or how they
want to play. Just my two cents. It is a volenteer
group, "shut up and train" doesn't belong in a
volenteer group - whether martial arts, or archery.

Ulrich

--- "Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp)"
<Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil> wrote:

> Well, here is the verbage of the AM.  "There shall
> exist in Ansteorra an
> Order unto which the Crown shall select persons who
> have distinguished
> themselves by their excellence with the bow and
> crossbow, by their service
> to those who pursue excellence in archery, in the
> making of archery
> equipment, by their exemplary conduct, and who have
> shown a consistent
> respect for the laws and customs of Ansteorra."
>
> Please notice the word "excellence".
>
> Who said anything about having to have a BRASS HAT?
> Sad fact of life here
> folks, and I know to some it won't matter; however,
> just as with Rapier, and
> Chivalric if you aren't really good at it, you know
> like a Don or a
> Centurian, you won't get an AM.
>
> The Crown knows about the IKAC/IKCAC, and They ask
> about folks scores, they
> can even look them up on line.  Why?  It's a
> measureable yard stick of
> performance.  It's also why it took so long to get
> an award because there
> were so few names on it.  Now the Keeper shows all
> the archers that will
> improve.
>
> While I can't vouch for the number of times some of
> the scores were shot to
> get their current Kingdom high, I can for some.
> IKCAC 1st place--HL Roger--302--only once.
> IKCAC 2nd place--Don Sebastian--270--only once.
> IKCAC 3rd place--HL Gilli--152--only once.
> Open XBow 2nd place--HL Roger--224--only once.
> Period Bow 1st place--Don Sebastian--200--twice.
> Period Bow 2nd place--Ld. Robert--184--only once.
>
> You don't get this good over night or in one
> afternoon.  Something else to
> concider: in ten years you will be ten years older,
> but will your shooting
> be ten years better?
>
> WE wanted an archery award.  WE wanted to be
> concidered like the Dons and
> Centurians.  Now WE have to live up to that level.
>
> Or NOT!!  That's up to the indiviual.
>
> Now, if I was the powerful leader as mentioned, this
> be taking place because we'd already be doing it.
>
> But, I like what the man said, "Shut up and train!".
>  But hey!! This a
> volunteer organization.
>
> Gilli

=====
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci