[Ansteorra-archery] What is this all about . . .

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Fri Dec 6 14:09:57 PST 2002

You are right about the awards.  Some folks do things to get the awards.
Others get the awards because they do things.  Forunately or not, depending
on your veiw of things, if you do the work, the award will find you.
However, the sad part is, if you do the work, some will say that you're just
trying to get an award.  But that's another discussion.

Lots of folks do Rapier.  The serious ones become Dons and Donnas.

Lots of folks fight heavy weapons.  The Serious ones become Centurions and
Knights.

Does it mean that if you shoot the IKAC or IKCAC or Wintershoot, you'll
become an AM?  No!  But, if you're good at it, it will sure help.

A tight nit community would be nice.  However; we can't even agree on how to
fix a known problem when we identify it.  Please recall the discussion about
walk ups to the range.  Great ideas like the Archer's flight appear to be
just too much effort for folks to do.

I still like the "shut up and train".  It's like "Deeds Not Words" moto of
an Infantry battalion I was in.  My momma use to say, "In the amount of time
you've been arguing about it, you could've had it done already."