[Ansteorra-archery] archery in 2002

Harry Bilings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 5 18:51:03 PST 2002

Ramblings by plachoya on the season just past. Read if you wish or delete if
you rather.
Gilli probably went a foot or to to far in saying that anyone that does not
shoot IKAC IKCAC or the Winter shoot is not an archer. Gilli you forgot one
it is for crossbows only I can't say it and will not even try to spell it.
How ever if you want Ansteorra to be the top Kingdom in Archery those are
the shoot that one must shot in to do so.
I do not like to shoot IKAC or IKCAC for completions but shoot the IKAC or
an equivalent number af arrow just about every time I shoot. No I don't
think that is a lot of arrows. Go check out what the mundane archers shoot
some time.
If other Kingdoms allow more gadgets than we do then it is not a fair
comparison but they should be shooting under the same rules we are for the
above named shoots. RR are a different story that is one reason you can not
use them to judge how you are doing against the rest of the known world.
Does it matter if Ansteorra is number one or number 16 or is it 17 now? To
some yes it does to others no it does not. It did to at least one Crown. It
was after Ansteorra had only seven (7) archers submit scores that the Royal
Huntsman came into being.
There have been comment about shooting at round 5 color targets is not
period. What does being period have to do with things we do in the SCA?
Except in some A & S competitions, nothing.
As to a shoot being more period because some one shot at animal targets.
Only if you had bears bores and such and if you wounded the bear or bore you
were dead because those animals tended to get even with some one that hurt
them.

plachoya

humble archer
Ravens Fort Ansteorra