[Ansteorra-archery] Fiberglass Combat Arrows

Harry Bilings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:48:09 PST 2002

If you are using UHMW for the head it flies better if you form a cone behind
the head with some thing (tape?). If you are doing a panic draw you probly
should not be drawing at all just take the hit or lay down and die.

>The shaft must be 28" from nock to head.  I would think a cone would still
>allow for a panic overdraw.  Most kingdoms that use "full" shafts use a
>long piece of electrical tape at the 28" mark to build up a stopper.  The
>taper of a cone would still allow me to draw back to 30" it would just mess
>up the flight characteristics.  Just what we want, an overdrawn, wild shot.
>  In General it's easier to just get your fibreglass cut to 28.5 inches
>(the point five is list in the Head)  If you're buying fishing arrows
>you're porbably paying too much.  If you're buying kids fiberglass arrows
>they're probably hollow.  You can get fibreglass from materials suppliers
>for about $0.40 a foot and they usually cut it to length for you. (For a
>slight charge per cut)

Build the APD as dezined that is the way it was passed, and more is not
nessarly better.
plachoya