[Ansteorra-archery] Fiberglass Combat Arrows

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu Jan 17 10:02:01 PST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Davis [mailto:walterd at lcii.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 11:29 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra-archery] Fiberglass Combat Arrows

Greetings All,

I need the latest scoop on combat arrows.  Do fiberglass shafts have to be
wrapped with strapping tape?

Yes.

Is a full length shaft (30") too long or can it be used "as is"?

The draw length can still only be 28 inches.  That is from where the string
rests in the nock to the back of the head.  So, if you're using a 30 inch
fiberglass shaft, measure from the nock forward 28 inches.  Use tape to form
a cone fron the back of the combat head to that 28 inch mark.

Does the APD have to be covered with duct tape or is the strapping tape
enough?

Don't cover the APD with duct tape.  The leading and trailing edges of the
APD must be covered with strapping tape if using the Golf Tube APD.

Are the up to date requirements for combat arrows posted somewhere?

I think so, but I don't have that web site handy here at work.

What have I forgot to ask?

Where does the white go when the snow melts?

Thanks,
Oudoceus