[Ansteorra-archery] Northkeeps Castellan Event and Thanks

Derek Wilson dwilson at dollarcar.com
Mon Jun 3 10:18:19 PDT 2002

First off let me send out a HUGE thank you to Bianca Sereni for running the
shoot. She was an absolute blast, some of the tongue waggling between HE Ulf
and her were just too funny. Another HUGE thank you goes to Gilli for the
donation of an IKCAC target to Northkeep, and I hear Namron got one too your
generosity is greatly appreciated.

This was by and far the best archery tourney we have had at Castellan in the
few years I have been playing (3rd Castellan). It was a low score
elimination and we had 14 shooters. As I wanted to watch and learn from
Bianca I chose not to shoot and let a first-timer use my bow and arrows (his
first event ever).
There was some great shooting for the next 2 hours and in the end the first
timer I loaned my bow to won the tourney he was so nervous that he could
hardly nock his last arrow....needless to say I think he's hooked.

I also got word during the tourney that HE Barn has authorized me so we hope
to start practices soon. And the long conversations with Ld. Arthere MacMora
(sp?) on making period bows were more than enlightening, I hope to spend
some time here in the very near future learning how to make a bow that
"whispers" the way his do.

So once again Thanks to all those who helped me with this event and donated
goodies to get Northkeep/Namron back into the Archery Community I hope to
see many of you at Kings College.

Diethelm Waltorfer

Derek Wilson
Server Support