[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf War Awards!

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Mon Mar 18 08:14:59 PST 2002

Greetings all,

It is my great pleasure to inform you of two archery awards given out
during Gulf War XI.

At our Ansteorra court held Thursday night Countess Octavia, Archery
Commander of the Army of Heros, was elevated to the "Order of the Arcus
Majoris of Ansteorra".  Congratulations and Vivat Octavia!

Next morning on the field before our battle Lord Wilim Penbras, Captain
of the Baronial Guard of Elfsea & good friend to archers everywhere was
awarded the braided cord of the "King's Archer"!  Congratulations and
Vivat Wilim!

Our combat archers have returned from the war with much fuel for the APD
fire and I'm sure these discussions will rage on this page for quite a
while, but let's not lose sight of the other important details, such as
combat archery tactics, continued training, being at ease with your
equipment, and right down to making sure you are carrying an adequate
amount of ammunition on the field.  Fellow combat archers of Ansteorra
the time to start thinking about and preparing yourselves for Gulf War
XII is now!

In service of Ansteorra,

Ironwyrm