[Ansteorra-archery] marshals

whitewolf whitewolf at geotec.net
Tue Mar 19 07:13:59 PST 2002

thank you for at least argueing the archers side !!
most of the marshals i talked to when i got to play all the time,
acted like archers were problem to be removed from the feild as soon as
possible,
so that the " real fighting "  could continue.

ld. blackmoon

Another problem emerged on the final day of fighting.  As most of you know,
the conventions of the war are that all archers are Touch Kill.  On the last
day there was a new interpretation of "Touch Kill" by the marshals in
charge.  They declared that this meant ANY touch even a touch from an arrow
and ANYWHERE on your person.  That means if you are a archer and an enemy
archer lobs an arrow at you from 60 yards away and manages to hit you on the
foot that was a TOUCH and you are dead.  You cant loose a leg because
touches on your leg by an enemy arrow will kill and if you are hit by an
enemy arrow on your quiver or on your weapon that also counts as a touch and
you are dead.  As you imagine there were LOTS of pissed off archers and I
got slapped down for apparently being too vocal with my objections.

Well that is all for now.  It is late, I am still tired from war, and I
still have a lot of email to read.

Always in Service,

Lord Eadric Anstapa