[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf Wars Observations

Travis W. Jennings traviswj at attbi.com
Tue Mar 19 17:53:24 PST 2002

Greetings unto the Archers of Ansteorra!

It was my honor and privilege to be the first Royal Huntsman to make the
trip to Gulf War.  I enjoyed meeting and getting to know those of you I
had never had the privilege of meeting before.

Quoted from Lord Eadric Anstapa:
"We won the Archery War Point!  Our Royal Huntsman felt that he would be
more useful to the War effort at the Archery Range so he did his time
there on Friday and Saturday rather than at the Field and Fort Battles
and with a couple of scores in the high 80's helped push us over the
top."

I was told that Ansteorra had never won the Archery War Point at Gulf
War before.  I salute all of the Archers who took the time to go down to
the static range and submit a score for the war.  You are just as much
Heroes as those who spent their time on the battle field!

It is true that I was down at the static filed during the Field Battle.
I wish more event stewards would take into consideration that many
archers like to both and try not schedule them so close together.
However I did fight in both Fort Battles Saturday, even with the high
number of heat casualties we were suffering during the first battle and
between battles.

I was a little disappointed with the total number of Combat Archers
present at the war.  I believe I counted 10 Ansteorran Archers present
during the Archers only battle.  I hope we are able to overcome whatever
situations caused such a low turn out and be a truly dominating force
next year, both on the battle field and the static filed.

Vivat Ansteorra!

In service,
Ld. Lughaidh Mac Sheóinín
Royal Huntsman of Ansteorra