[Ansteorra-archery] Thoughts

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Tue May 28 13:29:33 PDT 2002

Greetings and Hi There,

Here are some of my thoughts on the subject.

1).	We are a combat support weapon system.  We can not take or hold
ground by ourselves.  We must work with the heavies / lights to do this.  We
soften up the enemy so they can take or hold ground.

2).	A Standard Operating Procedure is a must!!!!  This should include,
but not limited to, target priorities, chain of command, and what to do in
certain situations.  A SOP is a living document. It changes as personalities
and situations change.

3).	We should think of ourselves as an artillery unit.  In the absence
of a commander telling us who to shoot at, we'd use the above mention target
priority list to direct our fire.  But as soon as a commander or someone in
that chain of command is there telling you to shoot here or there, that's
what is known as a *priority fire mission* and is shot right then!

4).	It's getting to the point now that a logistics trail is needed. We
should start thinking about things like: battlefield resupply, combat
resupply rates, field maintenance and repair.