[Ansteorra-archery] New To The List....

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue May 28 16:49:16 PDT 2002

Eadric Anstapa (eadric at scabrewer.com) said something that sounded like:
> It is also worth noting that the current Gulf War standards limit crossbows
> to a 75# draw  weight regardless of their draw length.  In other words you
> can have a max 600 inch-pound crossbow and be legal in ANsteorra but if you
> want to go to Gulf War with it then it also has to be 75# draw or less.

Thank you for mentioning that oversight on my part. I think it something
that is likely to stay the same.

> After inspecting Lord knows how many APDs at Gulf War I like the square-cut,
> routed channel design the best for crossbows.  I think it is by far the best
> design I have seen.  This design is very secure, safe, and strong.  For
> handbows I think I would also like a routed channel design but ofcourse
> angled of the front.

Thank you for that insight. Once the links work I will look at them. I
have also heard rumor of some designs that do not require them to be
routed or with tabs. I am awaiting confirmation of that from the Society
Marshal and Deputy for Combat Archery.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "The problem's plain to see
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Too much technology."