[Ansteorra-archery] The Fray... (was signal flags)

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue May 28 22:07:53 PDT 2002

If you want to know about mercenary units, then ask Ironwyrm, he
established his household as a mercenary household of archers back in
late 1999 or early 2000. He stated that he was leading a household
mercenaries during the Commanders' meeting prior to this year's Gulf
Wars XI.

The Fray is a warband of equals that have functions that require
individuals to step forward to fill those offices. When that function is
no longer required, then the individual steps down until needed to step
forward again to complete the requirements of that fucntion.

And the Fray is NOT a bunch of heros...we train together as a unit and
go to War as a unit and fight as a unit. Our officers do attend
Ansteorra Commanders Meetings for orders as well as taking an active
part in planning tacties which includes the last two Gulf Wars.

You have seen the e-mails from Ld Carlos by now, he did a excellent job
of answering your questions. I will add some additional information as
well.

One member of the Fray is a Knight of Ansteorra as well as being one of
her former Kings prior to joining the Fray. Four members of the Fray
have served as Royal Entourage to one of the past Kings and Queens of
Ansteorra, plus being squired to that King. In addition, other members
have also served as part of that Royal Entourage when asked during their
reign. One member was head cook for a past Steppes 12th night, with the
Fray assisting with the cooking. There are other members who have become
squired or man-at-arms, including one to a third past King of Ansteorra
as well.

This does not include the awards, for both fighting and non-fighting,
the members of the Fray has received, not only from Ansteorra but also
outside of Ansteorra, including one of Ansteorra's allies - Calontir.

I will stop now, since Frayman Carlos and I have just scratch the
surface on the various functions/awards that the Fray has performed. I
do not wish to bore this list.

If you are making a threat about killing mercenary units...then take it
up with Ironwyrm and his mercenary household of archers!

Michael of the Fray

Remember, we are always outnumbered!