[Ansteorra-archery] New To The List....

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu May 30 15:16:11 PDT 2002

"Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp)"
<Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil> said:

> So what's Talon?  An avocado with an attitude?  He wears those white
> diamonds.
>
> Gilli

Hmmmm, "Avocado's with Attitude"  sounds like the name for an interesting
Salad or Salsa.

Seriously, our rules are screwed up and contradict the SCA-wide standards.
Since we can not contradict SCA standards we must fall back and revert to the
SCA standards in this case.  In our next draft they need to be clarified.

Per SCA standards "White Diamonds" are for "Scouts" who "DO NOT, UNDER ANY
CIRCUMSTANCES CARRY A WEAPON OR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BE MISTAKEN AS A WEAPON"
and that includes bows and crossbows.  Wearing a white diamond at a
interkingdom event and running around with a bow could cause a stink.

SCA standards call for Non-Contact Combat Archers to have "Red Pheons". This
red pheon will also likely in most kingdoms indicate a "light" participant
who is not fully armored and only has an 18-gauge helm, gorget, kindney belt,
and groin protection. (no hand, kneesm elnows or forearms required)

We have white diamonds in Ansteorra.  Our documented usage of white diamonds
for non-contact archers violates SCA-wide rules.

We do not have "Light" armored combatants.  All our armored combattants must
meet the armor requirements for full-contact armored combat.

Regards,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com