[Ansteorra-archery] Reporting Reminder

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Oct 6 18:01:19 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carolle M Cox" <hpockets at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Reporting Reminder

> Um, why injury reports, good sir?  Those are reported through the
Chirurgeon
> in charge at each event to Kingdom, also.
>
> Gerita

Not all events have Chiurgeons and they aren't required to have Chiurgeons.
If there are marshal activities taking place then marshals are REQUIRED.

Marshals report only on the injuries that happen on their fields.
Chiurgeons will report on any injuries that happen at the event including
the bee stings, snake bites, and sprained ankles that happen in the woods.

Yes, the same on-the-field injury will likrly be reported twice if there are
Chiurgeons present at the event since both the Chiurgeon and the Marshal
will submit reports.  However, while they are both reporting on the same
injury the nature of the reports are quite different.

The Marshals report is concerned largely with the cause of the injury  (was
it negligence, rules violation,  equipment failure, a fluke, etc.) and how
it could have been prevented (better training, better inspections, stronger
regulations, divine influence, etc.).

The Chiurgeons are more concerned with type of injury (not cause but actual
injury, i.e. broken wrist, sprained ankle, etc.) and what was done to treat
it.  I believe there are also some patient confidentiality issues with the
Chiurgeon reports. (Caelin feel free to elaborate if you wish).

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com