[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping out Combat Archers of the field?

Rumil Fletcher rumil at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 15 14:46:38 PDT 2002

>talk to Ironwyrm I am sure either he or one of the others of his household
>has a bow scale to test your crossbow with.  Also remember that most scales
>are commercially built and have a percentile of error in them.  74# is just
>right on the border so I would have it checked several times to be sure.  We
>had one last year at GW that was pulling to high with one scale and low with
>another kinda averaged things out and it passed.  Good luck
>Iaen Mor
>Gate's Edge
>Coastal Region Archery Marshal
>iaenmor at swbell.net

If you buy a commercially manufactured bow scale such as the
inexpensive ones from FS or 3 Rivers, you need to normalize the
scale.  You can do this by hanging a set of weights of known value on
it.  I did this with mine and found that, regardless of what weight
range I was looking at, it consistently read 2 pounds lighter than
the actual weight.  So I wrote in large numerals on my scale "+2
lbs." so I will remember to add 2 pounds to whatever the scale
indicates.

Rumil