[Ansteorra-archery] Hunters Moon and Archers Revel.

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 20:44:46 PDT 2002

Greetings and Hi There,

I'm sure by now you all have seen the event announcements  for the 23 - 24
Nov event to take place in Emerald Keep.  I'm sure you all saw that I'll be
cooking the feast.  But what the announcement didn't say was what was the
prize for the archery.  The winner will take home an English longbow.  Want
something to be able to shoot a Period IKAC?  Well, this is the thicket.
What's that you ask?  What's the tourney going to be?  Well now...If I told
you it wouldn't be a secret any more.  ;)  Guess you're just going to have
to bring your toys and see.  All the site and fees apply as listed for this
event.

Now the following weekend, after Thanksgiving 29 Nov - 1 Dec (which happens
to be the last day of the season),  we will be shooting all weekend at Camp
Finlayson here on Fort Hood.  There is no charge for "this" weekend.  I will
be providing a bottomless stew pot.  What ever other legal things you might
want, you'll have to bring.  Oh yes, the coffee pot will be on all the time
for both events---the coffee is free.  Please remember to bring a picture ID
for adults.  Do not bring fire arms.  All other SCA rule apply.

We've had a pretty slow IKAC / IKCAC year so far.  These two events will
help us make up for it.  IKAC and IKCAC ranges will be set up at both.

I'd like to see us be 3rd overall or better 3 years in a row.  2 down 1 to
go.

Gilli

Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.