[Ansteorra-archery] Thanks for the Responses..& More Questions

Harry Bilings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 17:48:10 PDT 2002

Before you go out and buy siloflex for arrows make sure to check the psi
rating and the rules as to what can be used for arrows. In Ansteorra you are
limmited to 40# at 28". Not all of them may be used for arrows.
Plan on about 30 arrows for field battles and up to 50 or more for castle
battles. The number depends on how long you live, and how fast you shot.
plachoya

>    Thanks to those who responded to my question on APD purchasing
>availability. Jean Paul had already sold all the ones he had for sale
>when I ran into him at Northkeep's Castellan, however I did buy on the
>marshalling (heavy) gauges he had produced.
>    The Baldar mention I haven't tried yet. The northstararchery.com ones
>I ddn't know if they were all approved for use on our gear.
>    As to a larger CA question, has anybody tried the siloflex arrows? I
>understood that there are soem locations that allow them to be used with
>50# draw, rather than the 30# @ 28" for the fiberglass and wood
>shafts..I already have 36 of the fiberglass, that were legal pre-APD
>regulation, and the 30# longbow..I also bought 16 of the plastic UMHW
>blunts as well..but haven't put them to arrows yet
>    What is the average number that a person takes to an event? Is there
>a rough average on how many an archer actually uses in a 'typical'
>battle?
>
>    Valstarr

humble archer
Ravens Fort Ansteorra