[Ansteorra-archery] It's that time

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Dec 10 16:52:36 PST 2003

I have been largely offline for a day or two, sorry for the slow replies to
this...

OK, guys, here is the deal.  I cut and pasted that nearly directly out of
the last warant roster.  I say NEARLY because I deletd a few names off the
list of people who had moved out of kingdom, indicated that they no longer
wished to be considered a marshal, etc.

On top of thise lists, there are also pages in the warrant roster that list
branch marshals.  Branch marshals SHOULD have also shown up on the list I
sent out.  IF they didn't show on the list they are still warranted if they
appeared listed as a branch marshal on the last roster.  We automatically
consider branch marshals to be target archery supervising marshals.

If your authorization was lapsed at the time of the last roster (last
coronation) then you wont be on that list.  If you renewed your auth isince
then you wont be on the list either but should be on the next list.

Twice a year I send a copy of the roster around to all my regional deputies
and ask them to check to make sure that all the data is correct for their
region.  This includes making sure that all the contact data is up to date
and that all the appropriate authorizations are listed.  If there are
problems, I expect my regional deputies to fix it and get me the appropriate
updates.

Ther are clearly some problems.  It appears that if  some items disappeared
out of the database mysteriously.  I am not sure if there were software
problems, or if something happened i nthe transition from Mistress Stella to
Mistress Gwennth, but there are clearly problems.  I personally fileld out
the cards for Plachoya and mOreg and handed them to Mistress Gweenth shortly
after she took the job. Yet those two people aren't in the database.

I great number of the problems appear to be from the Southern Region.  Just
before we last updated the roster HL Gilli unexpected resigned his office as
Southern Regional Archery marshal and there was not a graceful transition of
the office.  In effect because there was no Southern Region Archery Marshal
when the roster was last reviewed, it did not recieve a good review.  Master
Pug will be taking care of this for the roster we are about to do.

Some of the others, we will have to figure out. IF you renewed your card in
the last 6 months then you would not have been on that list but should be on
the next one.  There was at least one update that I submitetd for the last
roster that didn't get reflected in what was signed.  Human error.

If you are an archery marhsal then you should be in touch with your regional
upline and be subscribed to his Regional Archery MArshallaye email list.
All my regional deputies will be going through the roster update exercise
between now and Coronoation.

Regards,

HL Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra