[Ansteorra-archery] AoB

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 13:43:39 PDT 2004

Yes, I have the IKAC medallions for this last years competition and they
will be given at AoB.

As for the other awards, just look around.
I know not all the Royal Huntsmen have a King's Archer.
I can think of at least two archers who I think should have an Iris for
their skills in archery related materials.
How about the folks that are always helping set up and take down the local
ranges and all the other work type stuff?  Do they have the appropriate
level of award, such as an AoA, Comet or Baronial service award, Sable Crane
or possible even a Star of Merit.
How about the Kids? Got a youngin' who's do good on and off the range?  What
about a Rising Star?

There are more awards out there than just a King's Archer or Arcus Majoris.

Unfortunately, I can't be everywhere; nor can the Crown, or anybody else for
that matter.  We must all take it upon ourselves to recommend those folks in
our area ,and any where else, that we feel deserve recognition for what
they've done.

Don't worry about stumbling over the words.  Just tell the Crown why you
think Lord / Lady So-n-so deserve such-n-such.  What have they done?  Where
did they do it?  How long have they been doing it?  And if a few folks talk
about the same person, pretty soon they'll have that award.  But don't give
up, keep trying and renew the efforts should there be a new Crown.

I'd be happy to help write the recommendation if anyone has trouble doing
it.

Gilli

The more arrows you loose, the more that can hit GOLD.