[Ansteorra-archery] Some Gulf War XIII Combat Archery Stats

Greylond Aston greylondaston at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 14:46:08 PDT 2004

I helped out at the Inspection points on 2 different
days. I liked it because I got to see many different
sytles of Arrows/APDs. Due to the likes/dislikes and
rules within Ansteorra, I've gotten used to seeing
what we use here and so many of us are starting to use
the same style of arrows as we find what works for
Ansteorran Archers. At GW not only do you get to see
Ammunition that is legal in other Kingdoms, but you
get to see examples of the various experimental
designs that are out there. It was very educational.
It is also a good time to meet and chat with Archers
from distant lands face-to-face instead of the
impersonal forums of the Internet.

Also, I helped Marshal the "Friendly" Archery Fort
Battle(Non-War Point). Very educational for a new
Combat Archery Marshal. I highly recommend every
Archery Marshal help be a Field Marshal at Gulf Wars
if you haven't done so in the past. It allows you to
get a good overview of what is happening in a battle
of that size instead of just getting the tunnel vision
that often occurs when you are concentrating on
staying alive and putting arrows on target.

Greylond

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/50x/*http://promotions.yahoo.com