[Ansteorra-archery] Korea wins the Gold again

jim hodek j_hodek at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 06:06:07 PDT 2004

This is not concerning the orginal message, but gives me a chance to contact you. I have been told that one or two of the Email addresses that you have, are not working for some who have tried to contact you and I know you are on this one. My SCA name is Gunnarr haukr and we met at the Academy of the Bow and discusses authorizing for combat archery. Lord Pedrog Sylverbyrd and myself fro Eldern Hills in the northern region are wanting to get authorized on combat archery with bow. We have talked to HE Ulf and he has no problem with us authorizing from another marshall and we will both be attending Gothic War. We were wondering if you would consider either authorizing us there, or possibly assigning a marshall to check us out and authorize us. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Lord Pedrog is our knights marshall, and I am his deputy, and I am also an authorized target archery marshall.

In service,

Gunnarr haukr
James Hodek

Eadric Anstapa <eadric at scabrewer.com> wrote:

I think few people are surprised that the South Korean men also won their team gold.The US men placed fourth.  They actually came in third based on points in the Semi-Final round.  However these competition are not based solely on points.  They are shot as head-to-head elimination rounds.  When the US team faced the Ukraine team to compete for the Bronze the Ukraine team outperformed them in the clutch and took the bronze. Mens Team Archery~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gold     South Korea Silver   TaiwanBronze   UkraineMens Individual Archery~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gold    Marco Galiazzo   Italy(Italy's first Olympic archery champ)Silver  Hiroshi Yamamoto JapanBronze  Tim Cuddihy      Australia  (17 yr old)Womens Team Archery~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gold     South Korea Silver   ChinaBronze   TaiwanThe South Koreans have won every womens individual gold in every games since the team event was added to the Olympic program in 1988 in Seoul and all 11 women's archery golds since their first
 appearance in the sport in 1984.This year was no exception however they did not walk away with themedal.  South Korea defeated China by only 1 point.  Taiwan defeated France for the bronze.Womens Individual Archery~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gold     Park Sung-hyun     South KoreaSilver   Lee Sung-jin       South KoreaBronze   Alison Williamson  Great BritainIn Olympic archery, competitors stand 70 meters from targets, whichare 122-centimeters in diameter. Regards,-- HL Eadric AnstapaAnsteorraeadric at scabrewer.com

http://mail.yahoo.com