[Ansteorra-archery] COMBAT ARROW HEADS

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Feb 3 12:55:09 PST 2004

"LD.BLACKMOON" <ld.blackmoon at gbronline.com> said:

> GREETINGS
>
> DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WEB ADDRESS , FOR STEP , BY STEP COMBAT ARROW
> HEAD CONSTRUCTION ??
> OR ARE PREMADE HEADS LEGAL IN ANSTEORRA ??
> AND WHERE WOULD ONE OBTAIN SUPPLIES ???
>
> THANX
> BE SAFE, BE HAPPY , HAVE FUN=20
> ARTHUR BLACKMOON

Since the message involves Missile-Combat insteadof Target Archery I
am crossposting my response to the the Ansteorra-Missile list.

There are some instructions on archery.ansteorra.org.  Lokk on the
Manuals and Reference page.  Make sure you follow the link Lady
Vivaines web pages and see what she learned when she was making CA
equipment for Gulf War last year.

I just got the last AoB proceedings in electronic format so I'll be
uploading those soon and any CA related articels from that will also
be available.

Are premade heads allowed?  Well, thats a trick question.  Since the
new Baldar Blunts are illegal SCA-wide currently there is nobody
making legal ready-to-go combat blunts.  If you find somone who has
a stash of Classic Black Based Baldar Blunts sized for fiberglass
that they are willing to sell you then those would be allowed.

There are some people selling premade/cut/drilled/shaped UHMW cores.
 Those are allowed but that is not a complete blunt, just the UHMW
cores.

Lady Vivaines page has a link to some suppliers. Look in your Yellow
Pages for PLastics and Fiberglass suppliers.  There is a good chance
that most Metro areas will ahve what you need somewhere locally.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra