[Ansteorra-archery] Canting, was a short treatise on heraldry.

Elric Dracwin dracwin at coxinet.net
Wed Feb 18 14:05:47 PST 2004

Thanks for the compliment, Rumil.

What I tried to get passed (and how I display it) is...

Per fess sable and argent a swan niant and a swan niant inverted issuant
from line of division counterchanged.

For the heraldically challenged: The device is divided in half top/bottom
(per fess) with a black (sable) background upper half and white (argent)
background lower half. There are two left-facing (niant) swans. A white one
on the black and a black one on the white (counterchanged). Both are seated
(issuant from) on the dividing line.

For the really heraldically challenged. See it at
http://wiesenfeuer.ansteorra.org/people.html#anchor317656

How it passed...

Per fess sable and argent, two swans niant contourny counterchanged.

The heralds wouldn't allow me to have a swan inverted (unnatural position
for an animal). I allowed them to "right" it and move the swans off the
division line to get it passed. I display it as originally designed anyway
as I think it looks better. (sorry Rumil)

Elric